Water Calculator won't link and wont load recipe

DTN25

Premium Member
Reaction score
Odd thing happening. When in recipe editor I click "Link" under water calculator to calculate my additions but for some reason it will not load my recipe into the calculator. Usually my grain bill, pH, etc are loaded after I click the link. When I click "reload recipe" it returns a "reload faild!" error... no clue what's going on.

Anyone have a similar issue?

Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 2.57.52 PM.png

Last edited:
I'm having a similar issue. When I click "link" from my recipe it opens up the water calcs page but doesn't load the recipe data. I try reloading and it still doesn't grab the data and the button for "load grist" doesn't exist now either.

I'm having a similar issue. When I click "link" from my recipe it opens up the water calcs page but doesn't load the recipe data. I try reloading and it still doesn't grab the data and the button for "load grist" doesn't exist now either.
Exactly the same thing for me. Won't work for old or new recipes, it's essentially not working at all.

Ditto for me. It does not seem to matter what I do I just can't seem to link the custom water profile I want to use. The link feature is useless at the moment. I also used to be able to enter my fermentables to double check the pH of the recipe and adjust accordingly with the water profile as well. Can't seem to get that to work now either.

Sorry this is happening to everyone affected, I'm at my day job ATM so I won't be able to assist until later tonight.

I've asked @Yooper to take a look and get a fix prioritized asap.

I'm taking a look at this right now. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and we'll fix ASAP.

We've deployed the fix- and I'll be checking it to ensure it's working.
I apologize for this- it was a totally unexpected result of some basic housekeeping in the background.
Please let me know if you have any further issues, as it should be working perfectly now.

Still NOT working for me. It did for the first try then any attempts to edit, save, reload, or other wise link a water profile wont work now.

The problem seemed to be isolated to a single recipe and a single water calculation associated with the recipe which was glitched and not printing the hop schedule. I deleted both the recipe and the water calculation and started over from scratch. The problem seems to have gone for now. Perhaps it was just that one recipe that glitched.

Still NOT working for me. It did for the first try then any attempts to edit, save, reload, or other wise link a water profile wont work now.

Tony, can you send me a link so I can dig into it? I can't recreate it from my end at all. What device and browser are you using?

Tony, can you send me a link so I can dig into it? I can't recreate it from my end at all. What device and browser are you using?
Thanks for staying on top of this. I am using a PC. Windows 10. Chrome Browser. The problem is gone now.

I think it may have been a sync error related to the saved recipe I was trying to work with and whatever problem you fixed for cloudhopper yesterday. As soon as I deleted the problem water profile and recipe (which was also the recipe that would not print the hop schedule) the error resolved. I wonder if the problem was somehow embedded into the recipe and the solution code just would not push to the recipe I was trying to build.

Anyway, if it happens again I will send you a screen shot (if I can figure out how to do that :p) and the URL to the water calc. I deleted it when the new recipe worked as it should.

Back