Forwarder for ubidots

Chaos home brewing

Trial Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to get a forwarder from the iSpindel to educational ubidots?

Thank you for your reply, can you share with me how you've structured the URL for things.ubidots.com for your tilt. It may be similar for the iSpindel.

I haven't used the forwarder for ubidots, just a few other sites. For those it was just a URL with an account id in the URL. Had a quick look at the ubidots docs and it looks like they put their account token/key in the header. The forwarder here doesn't let you add a header. You could add a request to have that added. Certainly seems like a reasonable thing to support.

Thanks for the help @Mark Farrall

I'm going to send an email to the devs to see if they're able to confirm, and can add an option to add to the header to support similar services.

Since this is in the feature request forum is it good enough for the devs to see it is a wanted feature? Would emails be better? I would certainly like ubidots to work in the forwarder. Please add the ability to add a text field as header to the forwarder. If nothing in the header it would simply ignore it (so the current stuff would work).

Since this is in the feature request forum is it good enough for the devs to see it is a wanted feature? Would emails be better? I would certainly like ubidots to work in the forwarder. Please add the ability to add a text field as header to the forwarder. If nothing in the header it would simply ignore it (so the current stuff would work).

Yes, it's good enough to be added as a request! @Pricelessbrewing and I work closely with the developers to bring these features out for our customers.

To clarify a tiny bit, anything you post in any of the technical support subforums are monitored by Yooper and myself, and we respond and pass along any issues/bugs or requests, or notable forum threads that require direct response, to the developers and owners to keep them informed of the communities issues and desires.

@mtrepanier, An update for the ubidots forwarder went live last night, please let us know if you have any questions or requests!

Hi - I have been trying to get the ubidots forwarder working with my iSpindel.
I can see in ubidots that the correct device is created, but there are no variables or values set
i.e. no data is registered in ubidots.

Image attached with the ubidots device that is created with no variables

Any ideas as to what the issue is?

upload_2021-2-1_16-8-28.png

@Yooper Unfortunately I'm not of much help for the devices/integrations, as I don't have any. I have some of the parts for an iSpindel, so one of these days I'll probably throw one together but until then...

Sending an email now to @avantassel to followup.

Hi - I have been trying to get the ubidots forwarder working with my iSpindel.
I can see in ubidots that the correct device is created, but there are no variables or values set
i.e. no data is registered in ubidots.

Image attached with the ubidots device that is created with no variables

Any ideas as to what the issue is?

View attachment 14022

Did you get this sorted? I have been trying to get the forwarder for Ubidots sorted and can't see any data through the device.

Hey guys,
I had the same issue, and did not find any solutions, so I've tried several ways to solve the forwarding problem.
I figured out that the main issue is that there is wrong address burned into the forwarder section on the device settings when you want to connect to your ubidots account.
Try to use the https://stem.ubidots.com/app/devices/ address and it will automaticaly add your device to the ubidots, and you only need to put in your token key.
I hope it helps for you too.

Back