Yeast in the SE USA

Daniel Parshley

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I'm a newer brewer that has taken 29 batches to figure out hops/malt and now venturing into yeast options. The "C" hops have gotten my attention and now looking for a yeast that can take the summer in SE Georgia/N Florida humid summers without killing the AC bill. I'm looking at Omega Yeast 091 for the temperature profile and tropical flavors. Any other options for 72-74 F and tropical/citrus flavors? Is there a dry yeast that will do a similar job (shipping/heat...). Thanks ahead of time.

I'm a newer brewer that has taken 29 batches to figure out hops/malt and now venturing into yeast options. The "C" hops have gotten my attention and now looking for a yeast that can take the summer in SE Georgia/N Florida humid summers without killing the AC bill. I'm looking at Omega Yeast 091 for the temperature profile and tropical flavors. Any other options for 72-74 F and tropical/citrus flavors? Is there a dry yeast that will do a similar job (shipping/heat...). Thanks ahead of time.
Kviek Voss yeast sounds appropriate If you want that citrus thing it ferments pretty Clean but I found it always has a citrusy edge to it.
It'll handle hot temps better than any yeast i know of and will rip through any wort you give it.
I'm using Hornindal Kviek atm that will give a more tropical fruit character to your beer.
I find they both don't like to drop clear any time soon but could be something to do with my brewing.

I’m over in Louisiana. And my wife won’t let me brew or ferment in the house.

I set up a fermenter with a chilled water recirc for temperature control. So I can ferment at 65 while it’s 95 outside.

There are a number of other cooling solutions available.

I set up a fermenter with a chilled water recirc for temperature control. So I can ferment at 65 while it’s 95 outside.

I lucked out and have a spare bathroom with an exhaust fan. My bride won't let me cook wort in the house.

Kviek Voss yeast sounds appropriate If you want that citrus thing it ferments pretty Clean but I found it always has a citrusy edge to it.
It'll handle hot temps better than any yeast i know of and will rip through any wort you give it.
I'm using Hornindal Kviek atm that will give a more tropical fruit character to your beer.
I find they both don't like to drop clear any time soon but could be something to do with my brewing.
Yep Tben has the yeast for you, Kviek it loves the heat. I'm putting a Frem Chamber together just to get temp up for this yeast!

BTW - Love your ID Pic.

Back