Blichmann Quick Carb

Over The Cliff Brewing

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Anyone out here using this quick carb set up? Is it worth $180 US? I saw on Youtube someone built one but I'm not looking to do that. Let me know what's up.

BTW - I need to figure out how to fix my avatar.........

here ya go
247826_3tnxnffyjh_lg.jpg

There ya go man!

I actually have no idea what a quick carb is

I was guessing it may be more controlled/reliable than the roll the keg under high pressure approach some people use, but I doubted it'd be much quicker. But here's someone who's actually tested it and he seems reliable (I've watched a few of his review videos)

And after skipping through that video I think I'd just use the roll the keg on the floor after hitting it with 40 or more psi method if I was that desperate to get it carbonated quickly. Looks really complex for something I hardly ever need to do quickly.

Interesting. I guess the value of it depends on how quickly you want your beer? It does look like it works properly though.

One thing I would say is that Blichmann seem to make quality products, I have one of their bottling guns and it's a really nice piece of kit.

You can "burst carbonate" by kegging your beer cold, set your regulator to 25 psi, shake the keg vigorously for 5 minutes. Wait 45-60 minutes. Enjoy. Equipment cost above waiting 5-7 days. $0.00. Priceless.

Hey,

Anyone out here using this quick carb set up? Is it worth $180 US? I saw on Youtube someone built one but I'm not looking to do that. Let me know what's up.

BTW - I need to figure out how to fix my avatar.........
To me it's Beer Schumck (Schmuck is German for cheap costume jewelry): You can carbonate in minutes as mentioned above if you're willing to get a workout, overnight by setting the regulator to around 35 psi and just letting the beer sit and chill.... It's Blichmann, it likely works. Your call on whether it's necessary or not.

After watching the link above seems to me a lot of mucking around and probably after multiple uses if not cleaned right an infection risk. Yeah it sounds like the GO carbed beer in an hour easier to force carb and roll as posted above or force carb over night 24hrs at 30psi will get you close.

Beer teaches us patience eh?

After watching the link above seems to me a lot of mucking around and probably after multiple uses if not cleaned right an infection risk. Yeah it sounds like the GO carbed beer in an hour easier to force carb and roll as posted above or force carb over night 24hrs at 30psi will get you close.

Beer teaches us patience eh?
You can carb it in 10 minutes if you have good forearm strength. An hour?

I'm old and busted - generally use the overnight method. Fewer aches and pains from it.

What the heck...I figured I can build one for less than $60USD. I already have a pump. I ordered everything need along with some other stuff Ineeded anyway. We'll see how it goes.

What the heck...I figured I can build one for less than $60USD. I already have a pump. I ordered everything need along with some other stuff Ineeded anyway. We'll see how it goes.
Let us know how it works.....pic’s please

I've got one, used it exactly three times. Two of those prior to competition entry deadlines, want those hoppy beers as fresh as humanly possible, the other for a party. It works, pricey, required equipment, absolutely not.
Lots of other things you need before this. I'm just about at the end of the homebrew gadget road. Last piece will be a glycol chiller and another conical.

Back