Fermzilla All Rounder

Bulin's Milker Bucket Brews

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Been looking into an All Rounder, figure for the price difference I might as well get the 15.9 gallon one. Any idea what the minimum batch would be in something that size? Most of my recipes fall between 6-8 gallons, of course they could be scaled up, but I would prefer not to until they are dialed in.

Been looking into an All Rounder, figure for the price difference I might as well get the 15.9 gallon one. Any idea what the minimum batch would be in something that size? Most of my recipes fall between 6-8 gallons, of course they could be scaled up, but I would prefer not to until they are dialed in.
That's a beast, but you'd be fine fermenting under pressure. I haven't been able to find them in stock yet in the states. I've got the fermzilla 2 which is the same minus the collection chamber.

If you find one, let me know where please.
The zilla.
15878637027301171290586182279481.jpg

Last edited:
That's a beast, but you'd be fine fermenting under pressure. I haven't been able to find them in stock yet in the states. I've got the fermzilla 2 which is the same minus the collection chamber.

If you find one, let me know where please.
The zilla.
View attachment 9745
Morebeer has them in stock for $60

There's not really a minimum batch size as long as you've got enough line on the floating dip tube to get the beer out.

How big is your average batch size?

You'll see people offering opinions that too much headspace damages the beer. I think the reasoning goes that with all that headspace you'll lose more of the esters and hop aroma than if you fermented in a smaller chamber. Sounds plausible, and there's a bit of evidence from a few brulosophy experiments. But there's a lot going on in those experiments so it could be other factors.

It should be less of a problem in a fermenter that can take pressure, though if it's real it would still be happening. And if you plan on serving from the fermenter it'd be even less of a problem. It sounds like it'd be better to avoid too much headspace if you can, but I'm thinking the lower level of oxidation that comes from the system may make up for the bigger headspace.

Though that may be me justifying things to myself as I plan on ordering the 30 litre version myself in the next few days. That will have a decent amount of headspace as I'm generally around a 13 litre brewer. So maybe I'll jump to the other side of the highway and get a smaller version - https://www.keg-king.com.au/fermenter-king-junior.html

There's not really a minimum batch size as long as you've got enough line on the floating dip tube to get the beer out.

How big is your average batch size?

You'll see people offering opinions that too much headspace damages the beer. I think the reasoning goes that with all that headspace you'll lose more of the esters and hop aroma than if you fermented in a smaller chamber. Sounds plausible, and there's a bit of evidence from a few brulosophy experiments. But there's a lot going on in those experiments so it could be other factors.

It should be less of a problem in a fermenter that can take pressure, though if it's real it would still be happening. And if you plan on serving from the fermenter it'd be even less of a problem. It sounds like it'd be better to avoid too much headspace if you can, but I'm thinking the lower level of oxidation that comes from the system may make up for the bigger headspace.

Though that may be me justifying things to myself as I plan on ordering the 30 litre version myself in the next few days. That will have a decent amount of headspace as I'm generally around a 13 litre brewer. So maybe I'll jump to the other side of the highway and get a smaller version - https://www.keg-king.com.au/fermenter-king-junior.html
I ferment ~ 21 it batches in a fermentasaurs I think that 35lt off the top of my head. Any how heaps of head space above the beer but I think as soon as fermentation kicks off all this head space theory has got to be null and void because of the blanket of c02 that is produced from fermentation. But I suppose there is more O2 to push out that headspace too...
I'm a nosey bugger and when i put the snout to the outlet on me butterfly valve she's running pretty ritch I find enough to burn the snotter if your not careful:rolleyes::confused:.

Back