One Way Kegs

Interesting concept. With them they could ship beer anywhere. The distributers would need to help out with the recycling as small bar and grills in more remote areas sometimes don't have all the recycle options bigger towns have.

Great, more plastic, the planet is the living organism, and we humans are the Coronavirus that is killing it...

I'm appalled at those and have no idea why there isn't more of a fuss about them. They're called 'keykegs' over here and 100% non-recyclable so just go completely against any attempts at brewing sustainably or responsibly. They must be the high water mark of one-way packaging, I'm really surprised that there isn't more of a movement against them; our industry's latest dirty little secret.

According to what I'm reading here, they're 100% recyclable and are made from recycled products.

According to what I'm reading here, they're 100% recyclable and are made from recycled products.

Maybe there's something different about them then? Over here there's a fallacy that we recycle plastic and we don't, we export it (mostly to India) and it goes through a filthy burning process that causes more problems than it solves whilst enabling politicians to tell us how green we are being.

A Canadian Newsmagazine show has been looking into where a lot of our plastic goes, they found vast piles of Canadian plastic in Malaysia. They were climbing in the piles and finding nothing but Canadian single use plastic bags and containers. I found it quite disturbing actually.

A Canadian Newsmagazine show has been looking into where a lot of our plastic goes, they found vast piles of Canadian plastic in Malaysia. They were climbing in the piles and finding nothing but Canadian single use plastic bags and containers. I found it quite disturbing actually.

There are lots of misconceptions around re-cycling. We do virtually zero in this country, we just bale it and export it.

Back