Hello All

Reaction score
Hello all,
After a year of brewing under my belt from starting off with extract and going into all grain I decided to dig in deep with Brewer's Friend. I started my home brewing about a year ago when I had a friend make a beer and it turned out ok. So with that I had decided to try it out. I'm a Chief Engineer for a property management company so I did what I normally do and research, research, research and found my best place to start was an extract kit. Purchased my first kit from Northern Brewers and brewed it, bottled it (bottling didn't last long lol), and than enjoyed the beer I had made. I started to do more and more kits and by the summer decided to jump into all grain. I'm a DIY kinda person, so i built myself a nice 5 gallon cooler system and purchased a kegerator. Over the spring of last year I had found a podcast homebrewhappyhour.com which really got me excited about brewing and they have a good time on the show. They had mentioned Brewer's Friend on the show so I tested the waters with a lot of the brewing software out there. I live North of Boston so brewing in the winter was going to be a challenge as i don't have a garage or a place to kick off my propane burner so I had purchased a Anvil Foundry and have been cranking out beer ever since. With all that I'm trying to up my game on brewing and this is why I had settled into Brewers friend. I like the site and have all the tools I need in one spot.

Any north shore Mass. area brewers out there?

William Bellavance
Head Brewer of my household

Welcome to Brewers Friend!
I followed a similar path, moved to all grain on my second batch though...
You're not a Bruins fan are you?

Welcome from Zambia....
You have found a forum with lots of friendly people that are more than wiling to share their knowledge!
I started with an all grain kit straight away and learned a lot here....

Haha. Yes I am I live 20mins away and use to go to all the games 8). I like hockey in general 8). My boss was on the Canadians in the 70s.
My boss was on the Canadiens in the 70's, what, do you work in the hall of fame? They're all there...

My boss was on the Canadiens in the 70's, what, do you work in the hall of fame? They're all there...
I don't know man, you spelled Canadiens wrong...

Although I am a Leaf fan, I watched the habs a LOT in the 70's because they were always in the playoffs, and almost always won.
Who is your boss? I guarantee I will recognize his name!
How many rings does he have?

Cheers William look forward to hearing more from you on the forums looks like it was a bit of a journey to get here. Don't worry this place kinda feels like home;).

Back