API Integration Questions

DMEhrlich

Premium Member
Reaction score
I am working to integrate a custom controller with Brewer's Friend. I have it (I think) successfully reporting as the device shows up in the device list, but it only shows Temperature and Gravity. Are the other (optional) values retained? I notice that the Tilts that we have show a Last Reading time. Is there a way I can set that as well?

Code:
{"report_source":"ChronicleController","device_source":"gdbrew","heat_state":"off","temp_target":"69","ambient":"67.1","name":"F2","temp":"67.1","temp_unit":"F","gravity":"1.031","gravity_unit":"G"}

Relately, I am not really sure on the difference/intent of the "report_source" and "device_source" fields. I was hoping to get one of them to show up where "Tilt" shows up - or similar.
We use Tilts in our fermenters and it would be great if I could make that little Tilt color circle show up next to the appropriate device as well :)

Thanks!

I haven't used the api's too much apart from a couple testing scenarios, I'll ask one of the developers if they're able to help.

Hope the controller goes well!

I am working to integrate a custom controller with Brewer's Friend. I have it (I think) successfully reporting as the device shows up in the device list, but it only shows Temperature and Gravity. Are the other (optional) values retained? I notice that the Tilts that we have show a Last Reading time. Is there a way I can set that as well?

Code:
{"report_source":"ChronicleController","device_source":"gdbrew","heat_state":"off","temp_target":"69","ambient":"67.1","name":"F2","temp":"67.1","temp_unit":"F","gravity":"1.031","gravity_unit":"G"}

Relately, I am not really sure on the difference/intent of the "report_source" and "device_source" fields. I was hoping to get one of them to show up where "Tilt" shows up - or similar.
We use Tilts in our fermenters and it would be great if I could make that little Tilt color circle show up next to the appropriate device as well :)

Thanks!

Hi, The last reading gets automatically set. The fields are described in the docs, https://docs.brewersfriend.com/api/stream, yes not all value are displayed but they are stored and also available via the API. After the first time you post you will have the option to select the device from the brew session and link it. I hope that helps. Let me know if you need anything else. Cheers.

Back