COVID-19 & GABF

56 Firedome

Trial Member
Reaction score
As I sit in self isolation, I suddenly thought what is going to happen with Social Distancing & GABF?
Are there plans in case this isolation drags on to September?
I'm not sure who I might ask this question of but it's probably something we should be thinking about.
Member Sales comes in June, if I remember correctly. Will tickets be sold with conditional return? Will GABF be rescheduled?
Not panicking yet but beginning to worry about the result of 40k people mixing elbow to elbow then returning to their respective homes to kick off Wave 2.
Not being paranoid but cautious.

September is a long way away and they still haven't cancelled Homebrewcon, scheduled for June. I don't plan to go to either, not worth the risk of going and hanging out with 40,000 of my closest friends, particularly given the US response to the COVID-19 virus.

I would go if it wasn't cancelled. Could be the best one in years with a lot let attendees. I guess a lot less breweries probably wouldn't be there either.

September is a long way away and they still haven't cancelled Homebrewcon, scheduled for June. I don't plan to go to either, not worth the risk of going and hanging out with 40,000 of my closest friends, particularly given the US response to the COVID-19 virus.
The Testing is sporadic & doesn't mean a thing until a substantial percentage of the population is tested multiple times.
Putting 40K people together on the Convention Center floor for 4 hrs seems like an opportunity for 1 carrier the bring on wave 2.

The Testing is sporadic & doesn't mean a thing until a substantial percentage of the population is tested multiple times.
Putting 40K people together on the Convention Center floor for 4 hrs seems like an opportunity for 1 carrier the bring on wave 2.

Sounds like you've answered the question for yourself then...

My prediction is.... if safe distancing is practiced - people stay the F@#ck at home unless for food/care purposes and plenty of testing to frontline workers then maybe Maybe things may start getting back to normality by September

But yeah a large mass gathering of potentially inebriated people it might be a long shot.

My unqualified 2c:)

Agreed. That's why I'm not planning on going, whether it's wave 2 or wave 20, that's a good place for it to start.

Back