Cost/IBU

MiketheB

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
How's come the (addition) of Cost has messed up my IBU? Is there something I have to do to straighten it out. For ex: COST (Which I don't use) caused my IBU to me 149.054? Ive tried out several.

That shouldn't happen!!!! Can you give me a link to the recipe so I can take a look?

One is ...view/939473/2-hearted-ipa-5-20-1062-ok
every time I go to make changes in "Fermentables" it shows up.

I looked at the recipe, and I see several issues. One is the label of "partial mash". Is there extract in the recipe that is not on the list?
Second, looking at your volume is where I see a problem.
upload_2020-4-7_17-59-29.png

According to that graphic, you are making a 2.5 gallon batch to the fermenter. You're starting with 1.3 gallons of water, and ending with .6 gallons of wort, so that means adding nearly 2 gallons of water to your wort. Is that accurate?

In order to make sense out of the calculations, I need to know the specific of how you're making this batch because all of those calculations impact the IBUs.

I went to a brew I did last week and didn't change anything but where I put my beer (in basement).

It changed the IBU from 47.50 to 132.48!!

I went to a brew I did last week and didn't change anything but where I put my beer (in basement).

That shouldn't happen. but something must have changed in the settings, and I'm trying to get to the bottom of it. I think it has to do with the water volume and mash type in your settings, that's why I asked if those settings above were correct.

Hi Mike- we pushed a fix for this issue and it should be all set now. Sorry for the snafu, as it should have never happened. Thank you so much for the time you spent explaining what was going on so that we could fix it.

Hi Mike- we pushed a fix for this issue and it should be all set now. Sorry for the snafu, as it should have never happened. Thank you so much for the time you spent explaining what was going on so that we could fix it.

Glad to help!! Way to go.

Back