First Lager

Vesparados

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I brewed my first Czech Pilsner on Tuesday. Saflager S-23 was my yeast and I put it in a starter before the pitch. I had room in the beer fridge so I stuck it in there after I pitched about midnight. The next morning it was bubbling at a steady rate, so I tried to adjust the temperature to keep it at 50F. I kept over-shooting the 50F. Specific gravity was about 1.030. Color was good.

Meanwhile all of my kegs kicked on Friday night (Damn You COVID19!). I cleaned lines and put the brew bucket into the kegerator, and set it at 50F. IT STARTED BUBBLING AGAIN! Lagers are mysterious. Am I living proof that it is better to be lucky than smart?

Oh man, get those kegs filled up!

I have a feeling Colorado will be on total lockdown by the end of the coming week.
Thank you for feeling our pain...I have a confession to make...one of our home brew suppliers sold me some wine kits. The pinot grigio is ready to drink. We may not live long enough for the Zin to mature. Here is the secret, WINE IS A PIECE OF CAKE TO MAKE. It's just not beer. I love beer.

Thank you for feeling our pain...I have a confession to make...one of our home brew suppliers sold me some wine kits. The pinot grigio is ready to drink. We may not live long enough for the Zin to mature. Here is the secret, WINE IS A PIECE OF CAKE TO MAKE. It's just not beer. I love beer.
Get some kviek in your brew arsenal use it wisely use it with discretion and it will reward you with copious amounts of quick turn around beer!:)

Back