Low Speed Chase

Craigerrr

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
There is a craft brewer in Niagara Falls New York, Brickyard Brewing, their 6.5% NEIPA is called White Bronco, it is a beauty. I don't think that the name was in reference to OJ's white Bronco, but I decided to work up a recipe for a session NEIPA named "Low Speed Chase. I have posted about Collective Arts "Hazy State", it is a 4.1% NEIPA. Lots of Hop flavor and aroma, which is what I am going for.
Whatcha all think?
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/957937/low-speed-chase

I should mention that the "7 day dry hop" will be added during active fermentation, the "4 day addition" will be a few days before cold crashing.

looks like a pretty typical hop flavor and close to what every company was serving for a NEIPA IPA at the GAF last year, I loved it at first but grew tired if the same flavor over and over from different vendors, I'm sure it will be good, good luck

The hops, water treatment and IBUs look spot on. My first reaction was to the nearly 40% flaked grains. But I’m not that familiar with NEIPA recipes. They vary considerably. You can for sure count on this one staying hazy. Cheers. :)

Looks delicious I'd go more sulphate to chloride but that me can't wait to see the end result Craig.:)

Thanks for the input, rebrew of a BIPA is up next, but this one will follow.
Ben
The sulphate to chloride ratio is supposed to contribute to a sustainable haze.

Thanks for the input, rebrew of a BIPA is up next, but this one will follow.
Ben
The sulphate to chloride ratio is supposed to contribute to a sustainable haze.
I don't refute that and to be honest I've not tried any brews with higher chloride/sulphate rates.
I just find I like my brew water with higher sulphate levels.
I've seen the beers and recipies you've made recently and obviously you've got a better grasp on the NEIPA style water profile for sure.
Interesting beer name too

Back