Currently, I maintain a spreadsheet where I track various data points, such as:
  • Grain Absorption
  • Boil-off loss/rate
  • Chilling loss
  • Kettle loss
  • Miscellaneous/plumbing losses
  • Fermenter Trub loss
  • Efficiency
I'm taking that data from my various log entries. But if BF is already collecting that data in the logs, it would be nice for it to track a running average for those items and optionally update the relevant equipment profile. That way a brewer doesn't have to know this stuff at the outset, and it refines or dials-in over time. Of course, just to make things complicated, the option should be there to not use this feature if someone doesn't want to, and probably get the option to not include certain data points in an average from a particular brew if something was way off. (for example, we used loose leaf hops in a recent brew, so had more hop absorption losses, but a future brew, might put them in a bag and squeeze, so we wouldn't want the higher loss session to affect our running average)

Furthermore, graphs for these data might be nice, but of course, not necessary.

Currently, I maintain a spreadsheet where I track various data points, such as:
  • Grain Absorption
  • Boil-off loss/rate
  • Chilling loss
  • Kettle loss
  • Miscellaneous/plumbing losses
  • Fermenter Trub loss
  • Efficiency
I'm taking that data from my various log entries. But if BF is already collecting that data in the logs, it would be nice for it to track a running average for those items and optionally update the relevant equipment profile. That way a brewer doesn't have to know this stuff at the outset, and it refines or dials-in over time. Of course, just to make things complicated, the option should be there to not use this feature if someone doesn't want to, and probably get the option to not include certain data points in an average from a particular brew if something was way off. (for example, we used loose leaf hops in a recent brew, so had more hop absorption losses, but a future brew, might put them in a bag and squeeze, so we wouldn't want the higher loss session to affect our running average)

Furthermore, graphs for these data might be nice, but of course, not necessary.

That's a good idea. We'll think about this and discuss ways to incorporate it. Thanks!

I know we talked about this at some point, I'll see where that ticket went from the discussion and add this thread to it if @Yooper didn't do so already.

Back