Star San

Any kind of water filter meant to eliminate chlorine will reduce 95%+ Instantly. The remaining <5% is probably negligible. Also, chlorine evaporates fairly rapidly when left in an open container. My practice is to fill my AIO the night before and leave it open. But, for cheap insurance I do add a 1/2 campden tablet.
Chlorine definitely evaporates overnight, and can easily be driven out by boiling. Chloramine, however, is somewhat more persistent: it doesn't come out by itself. That half campden tablet eliminates chloramine instantly.

Any kind of water filter meant to eliminate chlorine will reduce 95%+ Instantly. The remaining <5% is probably negligible. Also, chlorine evaporates fairly rapidly when left in an open container. My practice is to fill my AIO the night before and leave it open. But, for cheap insurance I do add a 1/2 campden tablet.
Chloromine however, as mentioned, is much more stable, your municipal water supply company will be able to tell you which they use.

What rate of star san do you use per liter of water , the star san bottle i have has no rates on it

I broke it down further to 6ml per 4 liters if you want to make smaller batches, you can make it and keep it for months, months

Any kind of water filter meant to eliminate chlorine will reduce 95%+ Instantly. The remaining <5% is probably negligible. Also, chlorine evaporates fairly rapidly when left in an open container. My practice is to fill my AIO the night before and leave it open. But, for cheap insuranIce I do add a 1/2 campden tablet.
This is what I did for my most recent batch. I used my usual filtered water left out overnight, followed by campden. Kegging it today. I'm not expecting any issues.

If this continues then I would suggest tasting the beer before bottling, if the taste is already present then it's something that happens before bottling. I usually guzzle down my hydrometer sample at that point just to get an idea of how it's going :)

Back