So I'm pretty sure my DigiBoil just died...

Bulin's Milker Bucket Brews

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Made a batch of Root Beer today for my youngest, while I was running CIP afterwards, the Digiboil died and will not power back up.

Got me thinking, I run three vessels anyway, thinking about a Spike electric kettle or another brand. Looking at a "buy once, cry once" solution.

Any good recomondations? Just need a boil kettle with plenty of power, 15 gallons, whirlpool attatchment and decent temperature control.

Made a batch of Root Beer today for my youngest, while I was running CIP afterwards, the Digiboil died and will not power back up.

Got me thinking, I run three vessels anyway, thinking about a Spike electric kettle or another brand. Looking at a "buy once, cry once" solution.

Any good recomondations? Just need a boil kettle with plenty of power, 15 gallons, whirlpool attatchment and decent temperature control.
My deepest condolences.

Anything that broke can be repaired. If you want to head down that path, let's go.

I'm not sure but one of those brands was bought by anvil brewing or at least copied

My deepest condolences.

Anything that broke can be repaired. If you want to head down that path, let's go.
I could probably rip it apart and fix it, there would definately be a cost savings. I figure I can have a 20 gallon Spike up and running for around $500 with the same features I'm using now. Maybe a little more if I swicthed up to a plate chiller while I was at it, a little less if I did a seperate whirlpool vessel(not as crazy as it sounds, there is already a 20 gallon kettle in my system that is just an unisulated HLT with no element, would be pretty easy to make it a dual purpose vessel). I'm capable of setting up a PID to run it.

Also like the idea of a seperate controler, seems safer to me.

As far as that goes, I could always fix the DigiBoil and sell it later if I wanted to recoup some of the costs(depending on the cost of repair).

I like the look of the Claw Hammer systems, everything is replaceable/upgradable.

As far as that goes, I could always fix the DigiBoil and sell it later if I wanted to recoup some of the costs(depending on the cost of repair).
That's probably the best bet. And there is really no deadline, just 'eventually'.

Been a day, while I was kettle shopping online...the washing machine died. Think I'm looking at another DigiBoil. I'll be doing a different lid on this one and switching to a plate chiller, think that will solve the main problem I had with the last one, think my intergated cooler was leaking a bit, probably how I got moisture in the bottom.

Been a day, while I was kettle shopping online...the washing machine died. Think I'm looking at another DigiBoil. I'll be doing a different lid on this one and switching to a plate chiller, think that will solve the main problem I had with the last one, think my intergated cooler was leaking a bit, probably how I got moisture in the bottom.
Hm. It would be great if you could get a real all-in-one: mash, boil, and laundry.

You going to try to figure out what part(s) failed?

Well, ordered a new 65l Digiboil, I'll pull all the upgraded fittings off the old one and install them on the new one. Will NOT be reinstalling the 2 1.5" tri-clamp fittings on the top of the kettle just under the rim again. Instead I'll be attaching the steam condenser to the lid and switching to a plate chiller.

Well, ordered a new 65l Digiboil, I'll pull all the upgraded fittings off the old one and install them on the new one. Will NOT be reinstalling the 2 1.5" tri-clamp fittings on the top of the kettle just under the rim again. Instead I'll be attaching the steam condenser to the lid and switching to a plate chiller.
Theres a Silver lining in everything I bet you'll get your moneys worth outta the new one Tim.

I wish you many happy brewdays on the new rig mate!

Back