Show your yeast

Vallka

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
This is a crazy wet yeast I picked up from my buddy the brewer at Backcountry Brewing. London 1318, London lll.
IMG_7862.png

I like London III didn’t use this year’s round of English ales though.

It was a good day for that batch for sure!

Chocolate Stout S-05 is taking its time with this one. I did add a new mini fridge to fermentation chamber, so had to figure out even temp control.
IMG_7865.png

Chocolate Stout S-05 is taking its time with this one. I did add a new mini fridge to fermentation chamber, so had to figure out even temp control. View attachment 26219
Yep, if it gets cold the yeast stays asleep. Increasing the temperature like you did is exactly what I do.

image.jpg
Here is some clean saison slurry, and I might like to use it soon. We have a heatwave coming, and I am thinking of brewing another batch of something that can handle warmer ambient temps in my fermentation closet. Saison might fit that bill.

View attachment 26282 Here is some clean saison slurry, and I might like to use it soon. We have a heatwave coming, and I am thinking of brewing another batch of something that can handle warmer ambient temps in my fermentation closet. Saison might fit that bill.
Not to twist your arm or anything but all them ginger beers I brewed last year and before were all fermented with Belgian saison 1 - WLP 565
They always left some malt hanging around.

Hey Cliff...how long do you spin your kveik and what sort of OG was the wort you pitched it into?

I usually spin it for 2 days. I used the Propper Starter, the canned wort (1.040). I normally don't have extract around so I bought the canned stuff. It works but a bit pricey. I will pitch it in 1.052 wort at 90F and hold it at 85F until done.

This one took a long time to kick in as well as ferment. Could be me trying to figure out the new INKBIRD!
IMG_7886.png

Back