Photos of a Nano!

Hm. @Zambezi Special once brewed a weevilly wheat. (Grain is hard to come by where she is, so a couple buggles in the grain didn't deter her). Maybe a sawtooth saison? Or sawtooth stout? Just keep the ingredients list ...-er...quiet...

Hm. @Zambezi Special once brewed a weevilly wheat. (Grain is hard to come by where she is, so a couple buggles in the grain didn't deter her). Maybe a sawtooth saison? Or sawtooth stout? Just keep the ingredients list ...-er...quiet...
Realistically they make very little difference to the final product. Almost all food products have an acceptable quantity of "bug legs" per pound. They are unavoidable.

That being said though, trying not to have more of them in the building as they are tough to get rid of.

Plus the supplier agreed to replace the grain with new grain...and then again with new grain from a different warehouse.

Realistically they make very little difference to the final product. Almost all food products have an acceptable quantity of "bug legs" per pound. They are unavoidable.

That being said though, trying not to have more of them in the building as they are tough to get rid of.

Plus the supplier agreed to replace the grain with new grain...and then again with new grain from a different warehouse.
Sounds like the supplier needs to sort their Shoit out!
I do the pest control here at a Gluten free bakehouse and they had a period post summer last year getting bag loads of Flour beetle they had to sift all the flour prior to mixing.

There's nothing I can do that end of the chain.

Fumigation in the SILO kills everything in the grain and leaves no residual Chemica.
Methyl Bromide I've used in the past nothing alive in this planet will survive including humans who unknowingly venture into this lazy gas.

With flour it's a one off second time around it gets Sulphury not sure with Barley grains...

Sounds like the supplier needs to sort their Shoit out!
I do the pest control here at a Gluten free bakehouse and they had a period post summer last year getting bag loads of Flour beetle they had to sift all the flour prior to mixing.

There's nothing I can do that end of the chain.

Fumigation in the SILO kills everything in the grain and leaves no residual Chemica.
Methyl Bromide I've used in the past nothing alive in this planet will survive including humans who unknowingly venture into this lazy gas.

With flour it's a one off second time around it gets Sulphury not sure with Barley grains...
I have no idea man. I just want beetle free grain! Lol

Back