New to the forum - unable to add friends

kcinoak

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi all- long time brewer and new to this platform. I am following one person and that person is following me but neither show up in each other's friend list. Any ideas what we are doing wrong?

I have no idea, but just want to welcome you here :D

Welcome to the forum. What all do you like to brew?

Mostly pales, IPA's and light lagers - I do a stout or porter now and again and always like a amber lager as well, but I find myself tending towards the lighter SRM styles
Welcome! I'm a big fan of session strength hoppy beers that are lower SRM.

Hi all- long time brewer and new to this platform. I am following one person and that person is following me but neither show up in each other's friend list. Any ideas what we are doing wrong?

Welcome to the forum! We always love to help, just aren't always able to. I've never tried the follow feature so I don't know what to tell you. Maybe the forum admin @Yooper could help?

Welcome to the forum! We always love to help, just aren't always able to. I've never tried the follow feature so I don't know what to tell you. Maybe the forum admin @Yooper could help?
I'm following a few brewers but not to access another brewers brew log or brew recipe list [ which I believe the (follow thing is all about).

I'm gathering two brewers want to brew the same beer but log on through different user profiles?
Then edit the brew log or recipe as such....

Welcome to the forum!
We all just kind of follow each other here by watching for new posts, like this one, and staying up to date on the threads that interest us.
The orange dots tell me that there are new posts, or new threads in these sub forums.
I personally stay up to date on all of the following sub forums. I don't bother with the Technical Support section as I don't use the software here. I am for the community, there is a great group of people here, in a very positive environment.
Cheers, and welcome again!

Now, if you will excuse me I have some orange dots to check in on!

upload_2023-4-22_9-2-39.png

General Chit Chat is one of my favorite sub sections on the forum, a diversion from beer if you will, or just other aspects of our lives to share.
upload_2023-4-22_9-16-36.png

We are working on integrating the software part of Brewer's Friend with the forum part, but right now we really don't have any following even if you click 'follow'.

I'm following a few brewers but not to access another brewers brew log or brew recipe list [ which I believe the (follow thing is all about).

I'm gathering two brewers want to brew the same beer but log on through different user profiles?
Thanks all - maybe the better question is how t share recipes with people you follow or friend

Yes - that is the idea. We are both members and share the same recipes often.

Thanks all - maybe the better question is how t share recipes with people you follow or friend

Yes - that is the idea. We are both members and share the same recipes often.

When editing a recipe there is a Share Recipe option. Turning that on makes your recipe public (view only). You can send the URL to your friend who can then copy the recipe to his recipe list. Copy Recipe is a feature under the Recipe Tools pulldown menu.

upload_2023-4-22_17-33-9.png

Welcome, that's basically how it works already, you share and ask things so great start :D

Welcome Bobby

Back