New Hop Inventory Field

AHarper

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
This may already in the pipeline if it has been requested before - in fact I may have requested it myself as I have thought about this for a long time but my request is for an additional field to hold the Use By date. We have the DATE field - which I use to hold the Harvest date, others may use it differently - but the missing bit of data is when the hops' Use By date is...
A suggested layout...
upload_2021-8-23_14-35-50.png

Yes I know this is a big change as the export functions also need to be updated but if you have a range of hops just sitting in the freezer you need to know when to use them by - especially if you utilise the HSI field that governs the strength of the hops. For most people I guess it doesn't matter so much but perhaps the professionals may find it useful.

Is it incorrect to think that the oldest harvest date is always used first?

Is it incorrect to think that the oldest harvest date is always used first?
No you are correct. I'm thinking about re-ordering items.... My spreadsheet application has all sorts of reports and queries built in. Keeps me busy lol.

Hmm not sure if I see a point in this, but I can submit it with a low priority if there's enough interest. In general the hop date should determine the use by date fairly consistently, sure one business may say a best by of X months or so, but in general they all use pretty much the same packaging and production method for dried pellets so it shouldn't vary too much.

There's an update planned to use the date field within the inventory to show the calculated AAUs automatically and pull those into the recipes accordingly according to your hop date inventory.

Back