New Brewzilla Gen 4

Starkers

Trial Member
Reaction score
I just bought the Brewzilla Gen 4 220v and the malt pipe only has the feet at the bottom, not the new style. I checked the web page again and at the bottom it had a note that said due to patent issues they could not supply the new pipe. I missed that when I ordered.

The odd thing is they are selling the 110v with the new style pipe and are selling a replacement pipe that is the new style.

Has this happened to anyone else? I emailed the seller and am awaiting a reply.

I guess you mean the 'half-way-up' feet?

I couldn't find anything saying it's not supplied, nor could I find it as a 'spare part'. Got a link?

Sorry.

Yep, I see exactly what you mean.

I'd be upset to not get the middle feet, since the description of the brewzilla discusses it in detail. I have a Gen3 system, which I do like.

what do those feet do?

They let you lift the malt pipe only half way to start draining the wort. This helps make it easier for us older folk. Not a show stopper but annoying since this is one of the upgrades from the Gen 3 to the Gen 4.

They let you lift the malt pipe only half way to start draining the wort. This helps make it easier for us older folk. Not a show stopper but annoying since this is one of the upgrades from the Gen 3 to the Gen 4.
ah, I can see that being useful. I use a pulley system on setup for that reason. just cant deadlift 50lbs over my head anymore.

I have the Gen3 but since I mostly brew 2.5 gallon batches on the stove, when I do brew a 5 gal batch, I can still lift the malt pipe up manually (as I write this).

Interesting, Kegland must have had a cease and desist order on the middle feet, the picture of the malt pipe on morebeer doesn't show them.

Seems a pretty lenient patent examiner letting that through. Hardly original thinking to have feet half way up.

Moar patent protection!!!

Probably could have got around that by have a third set of feet, now that would be some original thinking!

Back