Inventory Yeast Dates

AHarper

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Just ignore this... as I can't delete it.

Anyway I was going to query why we have gone from a possible 8 characters down to 6 characters. It's my data OCD kicking in... I'll get over it - once I've edited all my old entries.

upload_2021-3-10_17-51-29.png

upload_2021-3-10_17-51-45.png

Not sure when or why that happened, but we have an update to switch over to using the calendar date picker for the yeast inventory. Doing this will standardize the format, as well as allow for future updates that automatically account for yeast age and lose of viability/vitality.

Here's a screenshot from beta, if you're going through and updating your inventory anyways I would either hold off for now, or switch over to beta so you're ready for the future update!

upload_2021-3-10_15-52-58.png

Not sure when or why that happened, but we have an update to switch over to using the calendar date picker for the yeast inventory. Doing this will standardize the format, as well as allow for future updates that automatically account for yeast age and lose of viability/vitality.

Here's a screenshot from beta, if you're going through and updating your inventory anyways I would either hold off for now, or switch over to beta so you're ready for the future update!

View attachment 14627

Thanks Mark. I'm updating all the time and I noticed the problem (if you can call it that) a while ago but I only got round to reporting it today. It was while I was writing it up I realised that it didn't really mater much and that, as long as it was consistent, the actual format wasn't really an issue after all and I was just nit picking (as usual lol). I can wait until Beta is Alpha anyway as I can edit old entries in the Yeast section. I actually have Too Many yeasts as it happens and they go out of date before I can get round to using them. I just got another 8 packets today when I only really needed one for a planned brew. I have too much of everything here as, being an engineer, I have spent my working life just going into "stores" and getting what I needed at the time - so I always have stocks at hand. Yeasts, unfortunately, go out of date whereas resistors and IC's do not.
See what I mean? My workshop...
upload_2021-3-10_23-46-32.png

Definitely can relate to you on that one!

Oh my goodness Alan, TTL and CMOS logic? Thankfully those don't have an expiry date. But when's the last time you powered such a device?

That being said, I suffer from the same disease... And being an amateur radio operator, I still do use CMOS from time to time...

Oh my goodness Alan, TTL and CMOS logic? Thankfully those don't have an expiry date. But when's the last time you powered such a device?

That being said, I suffer from the same disease... And being an amateur radio operator, I still do use CMOS from time to time...

Yes all sorts of electronics gets worked on. My other hobby is fixing up Guitar amps and mixers.
This is one of my complete builds - rather older technology though.

upload_2021-3-11_15-11-1.png

Transformers are never old tech. Most pleasant audio there is. Very nice work there @AHarper

Back