Info about brewing

Corneja Brewer

Trial Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Hello. I'm a brewer from Colombia. Today I'm searching recommendations about brewing y'all can send me books, papers, magazines to improve my knowledge about brewing. I feel like I'm missing out current info because my knowledge is based on How to brew by Jhon Palmer and its references I know that the last refences are good, but I want current authors and bibliography. Also, I'm a chemical engineer so I already check out all the papers about brew, but I want something out of the laboratory to prove on my brewery.

Kind regards.

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=681d...&u=a1aHR0cDovL3d3dy5ob3d0b2JyZXcuY29tLw&ntb=1

Hello. I'm a brewer from Colombia. Today I'm searching recommendations about brewing y'all can send me books, papers, magazines to improve my knowledge about brewing. I feel like I'm missing out current info because my knowledge is based on How to brew by Jhon Palmer and its references I know that the last refences are good, but I want current authors and bibliography. Also, I'm a chemical engineer so I already check out all the papers about brew, but I want something out of the laboratory to prove on my brewery.

Kind regards.

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=681d...&u=a1aHR0cDovL3d3dy5ob3d0b2JyZXcuY29tLw&ntb=1
Welcome!

Palmer is the book most people recommend. Although not very new, brewing has not changed much in the last hundred years or so (although equipment has!).

As a chemical engineer, you might be tempted to over-think things, so just beware.

But, many things are the same, like sanitation, enzyme temperatures, and molecular conversions. Reproducibility is something some try for, but yeast is very forgiving: it will (almost) always be beer.

Many tend to look on the internet for newer ideas and experimental tesults. There are many posts here referencing videos, vlogs and blogs of many subjects.

John Palmer's book is kind of a Bible of brewing.
Having said that, brewing beer is essentially cooking, there is much to learn. It can, and does take years to learn to brew well, much like becoming an accomplished chef takes years.
Having said that, anyone can cook, and anyone can make beer. You can make it as simple, or as complex as you like, and still make beer.

You could also subscribe to homebrewer's magazines. Brew Your Own (byo.com) and Zymurgy (homebrewersassociation.org) are the two that I subscribe to. I believe both have Spanish language versions.

Welcome! If you are looking for current stuff, the internet is the place but given just that, current is new and not always well tested so keep that in mind.

What style has you the most interested that you will make as your first brew?

Back