Imperial Stout With Cherrys

Corneja Brewer

Trial Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Hello and cheers to y'all!

I have a question about how to give a special flavor of cherry to my black beer.
I already have my beer done. I cooked the last Friday, but I don't know when add the Cherrys.
In my lasts brew days, I add the whole fruit into the fermenters, but I realize that these fruits cover the outlet valve. To avoid this problem, I will add the cherrys with a previus process of blend and strain. You think this process its good or I have to follow another process to solve the cover. Besides I want to know when I should add the cherrys juice to give that special flavor to my beer. PSDT: I fermented by two weeks and use the priming process to gasify the beer.

Thanks for your attention.
greetings.

It needs to be done in the fermenter if you are using juice or fruit. The yeast will eat the sugar. If you add it too late or at bottling you will just cause the bottles to explode.

Yeah what @Minbari said. You other option is to rack on the fruit or juice in a secondary fermenter for a few days. You will still get some yeast activity since you are adding sugar to eat.

Maybe try adding cherry extract? The trick would be the amount to add.
You could purchase a can/bottle of a similar brew to what you are making, and dose it in measured amounts to get the flavor you want, then extrapolate the amount needed for your batch. This is how I determined how much pure Cranberry juice to add to a double chocolate Cranberry Stout...

Screenshot_20240219_093658_Chrome.jpg

Back