Delphi Pilsner

Craigerrr

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
My son just got home from a month in Greece, Spain, and Austria. He had some of these in Delphi, and although it is actually brewed there, he really liked it. I looked it up, and it sounds delicious, but of course they are trying to sell their beer. Has anyone in this global community had this beer, or even brewed a likeness of it by any chance?
I would like to sort it out and put on my to do list:D

https://www.elixibrewery.com/en/beers/delphipilsner/

Interesting. I don't know how you would control fermentation in a bottle but I'm all in favour of traditional/old school brewing methods.

Can't say that I have, but with the honey, unpasteurized, unfiltered, brewed in a bottle, etc., etc., it might be a regular ale, and it actually sounds like an American Pale Ale (maybe toned down a bit with the IBUs) brewed with Pilsner. I assume the wheat would be in small amounts for head retention, and the oats in the flaked form for body.
Since I never tried it, I'm just looking at the description.

Interesting. I don't know how you would control fermentation in a bottle but I'm all in favour of traditional/old school brewing methods.

Maybe they are attempting to tie into the Cask appeal and there's not a direct Greek translation to " bottle conditioning" ?

That is what it sounds like to me too.
I think if I were going to design something close for 5 gallons, I would use 1/2 lb Crystal 40, 1/2 lb wheat, 1lb flaked oats, maybe 4oz honey in the boil at 10 minutes (it said unpasteurized, and I found out the hard way it doesn't mix well at flameout.), Pilsner to get to 5%. Maybe Cascade at 30? Maybe enough other aroma hops to get you to around 35 IBUs?
Carbonate in the bottle with 5oz. corn sugar in the bottling bucket.
Hey, we can probably get you close:)

Maybe they are attempting to tie into the Cask appeal and there's not a direct Greek translation to " bottle conditioning" ?

Could be I guess. If you can get the pitching rates right and control the temps then why not? I have a brewer friend over here who bottles from the cask on a sugar syrup. There are plenty of brewing/fermenting/packaging methods that are new to me.

OK so you could brew it in a keg with your spunding valve on to replicate this bottle fermentation.

Either their bottle conditioning their pilsner or its just marketing talk to get people to notice their Beer out of the myriad of others.

Atleast you've got the hop selection and going by the description the bitterness is on the high side for the style

Honey should dry the beer out some

Other than that I can't help.

I'd brew a pilsner and up the bitterness and use a splash of honey and see where you land

OK so you could brew it in a keg with your spunding valve on to replicate this bottle fermentation.

Either their bottle conditioning their pilsner or its just marketing talk to get people to notice their Beer out of the myriad of others.

Atleast you've got the hop selection and going by the description the bitterness is on the high side for the style

Honey should dry the beer out some

Other than that I can't help.

I'd brew a pilsner and up the bitterness and use a splash of honey and see where you land
Yeah. This is more of an idea than a recipe. But it is interesting. I love to try one!

I think they just mean carbonated in the bottle...

Lots of great input thanks everyone!

Back