Deep Cuts Tunes

If you like energetic music, look up The Monks. A couple of US Army buddies stationed in Germany played in the 1960s. Very advanced for their time.

I recently watched this episode from The Professor of Rock on 99 Luftballons. I started watching his stuff recently. Tons of behind-the-scenes info.
The concept of that song is just awesome. O.k lets float a balloon over the wall and start a nuclear war:)
Speaking of that and the earlier Greg Lake post. "Nuclear Attack" is a wonderful on his solo album.

I always dug '39 by Queen for a great concept. A folksy song about the relativistic effects of space travel. The line where it hits the narrator what's going on...gets me every time
My college aged daughter is a Queen fan, into the big arena hits and Freddie Mercury bombast. She can’t understand why I don’t like those songs and I tell her it’s mostly because I’ve heard them all at least a gajillion times and I’m just tired of them. One night she asked me, “Don’t you like any Queen songs?” and I replied that indeed I do, exactly one. I played her ‘39 and she couldn’t believe that that was Queen. She loved it too.

My college aged daughter is a Queen fan, into the big arena hits and Freddie Mercury bombast. She can’t understand why I don’t like those songs and I tell her it’s mostly because I’ve heard them all at least a gajillion times and I’m just tired of them. One night she asked me, “Don’t you like any Queen songs?” and I replied that indeed I do, exactly one. I played her ‘39 and she couldn’t believe that that was Queen. She loved it too.
I mean, how could you not be drawn in by the bombast? But the guy was a crazy talented singer/songwriter, so thankfully there's a lot of steak under all the sizzle

I was watching a documentary on them on AXS some time back. After watching it, I went back and listened to some of their 70s albums. They are great. I got really burnt out on some of the 80s songs because any of the horrible, Cox rock radio stations around here would play the same 3 or 4 about 50 times a day.

I was watching a documentary on them on AXS some time back. After watching it, I went back and listened to some of their 70s albums. They are great. I got really burnt out on some of the 80s songs because any of the horrible, Cox rock radio stations around here would play the same 3 or 4 about 50 times a day.
ya, they kinda went pop a bit with the eliminator album, it was good and fun, but not true to their bluesy origins in my opinion

I was almost going to call it a night, well until Spotify decided to play my beloved "Grendel" by Marillion. So, I guess I am drinking another beer.

Oh, shit, and then it decided to play some Joy Division. I guess I am not done yet.

That was for the Depeche Mode fans, and plus the fact that it almost brought me to tears today comparing it to and making it work for the crap I am going through.

Back