Brewer's profile and Forum Profile

Sunfire96

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to link a Brewer's Profile to someone's forum profile? If I want to look at @Josh Hughes' british recipes or @Megary's stout recipes I have no way to find their brewer's profile. I used to be able to search for someone's user name in the "site wide search" but as it's been mentioned before, the site search is about as effective as throwing a dart at the site map.

What is the point of the forum profile anyway? Could it be eliminated and when someone's name is clicked it links to their brewer profile? I'd much rather see someone's recipes and most brewed beers than where they live.

@Yooper We've talked about this a few times before, and it's not easy at all to combine them, but we should be able to connect them at least!

@Yooper We've talked about this a few times before, and it's not easy at all to combine them, but we should be able to connect them at least!
That sounds good! Or at least make it easier to find someone's Brewer Profile :) thanks!

But also while we're here....the site and forum search is really terrible, anything that can be done about it?

I have actually never had an issue with it. *shrugs*

That's fair. One time I was looking for the "What's for Dinner?" Thread and searched "dinner." The thread never turned up lol
only thing I have notice, by default it ticks the "only this forum" . if you are searching from the "new posts" it wont find much of anything. if you make it look everywhere, I can ussualy find what I am looking for.

Amen forum search sux it actually degrades the quality of the forum threads here I think.
Instead of a hundred forum threads asking about let's say stuck fermentation why not have a search forum topics and then type in "stuck Fermentation" bang up will come current stuck fermentation thread topic.

Now the brewer can scroll through find his answers and or then add to the conversation :).

Yup heaps of times I've wanted to post into a thread I know exists on here but man it is excruciatingly difficult to the point I'm sure most just say F it and give up.

Being a long term forum user I think this could help enrich the forum ...

Back