Boil steps missing from Brew Session view

Grey Cat Brewing

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I was referring back to some older (last year) sessions on boil additions and I've found that all of the boil steps after "Fire the kettle..." are missing from the view (attached).

I went back to the brew I just did this past weekend, and they are also missing. However, when I Print Brew Steps, they show up in that view. These obviously include additions and times among other things, but it outwardly seems that they are just not visible but maybe still in the database.

Here is the most recent session:
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/brewsession/385757

Ross
GCB

Attachments

• BF_BoilSteps.png
    BF_BoilSteps.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 129
Thanks for reporting the issue.

I'm not sure what's causing this, I logged into your account and made new brew session copies of that recipe that you'll see in your brew session log and they had the missing brew steps. I tried rebuilding your brew steps in your existing brew session and that didn't work. Opening a ticket and reporting to the developers, but I suspect without further incidents we may not be able to pinpoint the exact cause. But it looks like going forward you should have those missing steps.

During today's brew, I noticed when I move the session out of "Brewing" status, the steps disappear (I also noted some Mash steps also disappeared) When I go back to "Brewing" they return, so it seems to be just a display issue. I would expect that you should always be able to refer back to steps regardless of status, but I can definitely reproduce it.

Ross
GCB

Additional information, it's the timer steps that disappear, boil and mash. I can reproduce it by going back and forth between Brewing and Primary Fermentation. And the steps only show during Brewing and Planning, no other status. Hope this helps!

Ross
GCB

Perfect, thanks so much for the followup, I should have caught that! Opening a ticket for all steps to show during all session status'

Back