An Alian Organism!

Ok just to flare up the thread some.
Not that it hasnt been with Alien Orgasms and such he he but I've been raking my brain as to what yeast strain this was. I'm pretty certain it's a Kviek strain Framgarden I'm sure is the last one I've used.
I think it's atleast a year old lol:D
also saved yeast trub.
I know dude clean your keezer out :p:p!

Anyhow going by what I know of some kviek strains they are not single strain cultures and some of them have some sorta coexistence with bacteria so this to me may be a result of this Extended hiatus hanging out in the Erlymyre Flask.
I'm not sure I'll be game to use that again...o_O

Imagine opening your Fermentor and seeing something like this:eek:.

Actually in the first picture you posted I kind of thought it looked like the kviek yeast you dried last year.

Actually in the first picture you posted I kind of thought it looked like the kviek yeast you dried last year.
Sounds about right it was quite dark looking so I thought oh musta been a dark beer I fermented with Kviek last one was in 12/2020 my bonker-Stout.
But then I thought hey oxidation woulda darkened any saved slurry so my last Bunyip beer then and or whatever beer I used the slurry for that yeast drying.
Cheers BarbarianBrewer atleast someone's paying attention :confused:lol!

Oh update on flask this is my 3rd clean boiling water sodium perc that thing is humming
20220127_150357.jpg

Last edited:

Back