Add Log Entry Type(s) for conversion checks in the Mash

Mont Y. Märzen

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
We routinely check gravity, temp, and pH throughout our Mash process. We are currently using 'other' as the log entry type, but it would be nice to have a specific type for this (without defaulting each time to 'mash complete' type) and the ability to see this data on a graph just for the Mash, similar to the Fermentation graph. This can help with seeing the effects of temperature and pH on conversion over time, which can be useful when brewing that recipe again to optimize the mash-steps/rests and water profile to maximize conversion and reduce mashing time. Additionally, this graph could be for the entire 'brew' process where Mash Complete, Pre-Boil, Post-Boil and Post-Chill data were also plotted.

I'm pretty sure I have a somewhat similar request already planned to have an efficiency chart for the brew session somewhere, I'll give that a bump and include this in there.

In the mean time, you can chart any brew session log entry onto the fermentation chart by using the Chart Annotation feature.

upload_2021-8-3_17-12-27.png

I'm pretty sure I have a somewhat similar request already planned to have an efficiency chart for the brew session somewhere, I'll give that a bump and include this in there.

In the mean time, you can chart any brew session log entry onto the fermentation chart by using the Chart Annotation feature.

View attachment 16917
Good to know, thanks!

Back