Show us your boil

Wet hop boil.
Not as much break this time
20230219_133605.jpg

Nice , you have your steam eductor going.

It looked like it rained in my basement the first time I boiled without a condenser.
I need to sort out a pump to recirculate water through the condenser, it uses a LOT of water. I tried my little Anvil pump, not enough flow. Will have to get a submersible pond/aquarium type pump and try recirculating in a bucket. Water doesn't need to be cold really, just... water.

Inspiring Craig, shows me that indoor brewing is not as impossible as believed.

Now what I need is a sink in the basement.
I have to tell you that this brewing space has changed my life!
The carpenter that finished my basement came by on Thursday to look at my space.
Going to have him put up drywall on the ceiling, trim out the door frame and baseboards, put some tiles on the wall behind the sink.
Going to put up full upper cabinets as well.
Even with my back situation, I think I can get back to all grain brewing soon, or at least "mostly grain brewing".

The carpenter that finished my basement came by on Thursday to look at my space.
Going to have him put up drywall on the ceiling, trim out the door frame and baseboards, put some tiles on the wall behind the sink.
Even with my back situation, I think I can get back to all grain brewing soon, or at least "mostly grain brewing".
Brewing is brewing man. I used to be a little bit of an all grain (well biab) snob, but being able to brew in a pinch or under other constraints by using dme or whatever, sometimes is the key to whether I'm brewing or not.
What I mean is, a "bad" day brewing beats a good day at the office. Or something like that

Oil primer on that ceiling, or moisture can have the paint peel. Don't ask.

Oil primer on that ceiling, or moisture can have the paint peel. Don't ask.
I end up with almost no moisture at all actually, the only reason I use a fan is to vent the malt odor while mashing.

image.jpg
AC Pale Ale is boiling. For this beer, I decided to boil for 60 minutes as usual, but I won’t add any hops until the halfway point. Another hops addition at 5 minutes, then again at knockout with a 20 minute hop stand. In the final four days before bottling, it will get a dry hops addition. This has too high an IBU count for a Pale Ale, and the abv might put this in IPA territory. We’ll find out later.

Back