Why does honey have no sugar in the editor?

Moisejeff

Premium Member
Reaction score
I made a recipe with honey, and although I can add honey as a fermentable it does not affect the ABV. Honey contains 80% sugar and those sugars are 100% fermentable. So 400 gr (just under 1 pound) of honey amounts to 320gr of fermentable sugars. This should impact ABV in 25 liters to about 0.6%. But it ignores the honey completely...

I made a recipe with honey, and although I can add honey as a fermentable it does not affect the ABV. Honey contains 80% sugar and those sugars are 100% fermentable. So 400 gr (just under 1 pound) of honey amounts to 320gr of fermentable sugars. This should impact ABV in 25 liters to about 0.6%. But it ignores the honey completely...

Do you have a link to the recipe? I am unable to recreate this happening on my end; honey ferments and affects the ABV.

If you add honey to the boil it adds the sugar points, if you add it as late addition it ignores the sugar. so problem solved in a way but it does make the recipe incorrect. I never add honey to the boil...

If you add honey to the boil it adds the sugar points, if you add it as late addition it ignores the sugar. so problem solved in a way but it does make the recipe incorrect. I never add honey to the boil...

It should- if you click "fermenter" for the late addition, it should add it. Can I see where your recipe doesn't (a link), please?

@Moisejeff Thanks for reaching out, we have an update pending on beta.brewersfriend that has corrected this but I will need more time testing before public release.

Back