What should I brew for my 100th batch?

Wit is also not Hefeweitzen. But I get it.

What size kegs, 1/2? And do they last more than 2 weeks before they kick?

My 5 gal corny doesn't clear in 2 weeks.
Expected shelf-life was 3 months. We were making 60 or 90 bbl tanks of it lol. It would be clear long before 90 days

Expected shelf-life was 3 months. We were making 60 or 90 bbl tanks of it lol. It would be clear long before 90 days
No, I meant the current situation. Although a hefeweitzen is not really a winter beer, it might go very well this summer for a special one-off. Not many brew one, so it might get some attention from the beach crowd.

Or not...

No, I meant the current situation. Although a hefeweitzen is not really a winter beer, it might go very well this summer for a special one-off. Not many brew one, so it might get some attention from the beach crowd.

Or not...
I will probably brew one under duress soon lol. It would probably last about a month maybe less. I have Grains of paradise, Bitter OP, and coriander so i could do a Wit or a spiced hefe. I think i would need order appropriate yeast in order to make the best go at it.

I will probably brew one under duress soon lol. It would probably last about a month maybe less. I have Grains of paradise, Bitter OP, and coriander so i could do a Wit or a spiced hefe. I think i would need order appropriate yeast in order to make the best go at it.
Spiced? Blasphemer :rolleyes: :p
That's like serving a hefe with fruit. :eek:

Don't mind me, I'm not as smart as I think.

Interesting!
I use to buy a Raspberry Wheat, and layer Guinness on top of it. Did the same with a lovely Apricot Wheat as well.

Interesting!
I use to buy a Raspberry Wheat, and layer Guinness on top of it. Did the same with a lovely Apricot Wheat as well.
I think it will be tasty, i have strawberry flavoring(i honestly dont remember why i bought it???) but i will order 42#s of strawberry puree for mid fermentation and then adjust the flavor with the strawberry flavoring. My next sour is gonna be a blueberry/lemon sour.

this is it so far:
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/embed/1455728

I thought the hops would help accentuate the tart strawberry without drowning it out. I am not sure what yeast to throw at it. I have chico, voss, lager, novalager, hazy yeast, and belgian abbey yeast on hand.

Good luck on brewing what you decide! My 100th batch on my electric e-herms system is coming up next brew day in March. I decided to go with a nice big Weizenbock in the style of Aventinus, which is a dopplebock. Got a good recipe and it will be a nice big beer to celebrate the big anniversary!

John

Good luck on brewing what you decide! My 100th batch on my electric e-herms system is coming up next brew day in March. I decided to go with a nice big Weizenbock in the style of Aventinus, which is a dopplebock. Got a good recipe and it will be a nice big beer to celebrate the big anniversary!

John
I ended up doing a pale ale. Nothing special. But I'm calling it my 101th batch pale ale lol. It's gonna be funny hearing people order it at the bar.

I ended up doing a pale ale. Nothing special. But I'm calling it my 101th batch pale ale lol. It's gonna be funny hearing people order it at the bar.
Better than 101rd though...

I have never made a cold ipa. Honestly I didn't know what they were until just recently. I still have not tried one lol.

Georgia is behind the times.

I would love to see recipes.

I ended up going with a more old school pale ale it's on draft now, it's OK. I could have done better imo but I thought I was in a much tighter timeframe then I was.
ive brewed a couple different variations of cold ipa but here is the best one : https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1403195/bling-bling-cold-ipa-

Back