Today is Brew day, how 'bout you?

JD

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
My addiction to brewing continues to grow. I bought up (seemingly) half of F. H. Stienbarts hops yesterday. Getting ready for a Pliny in the near future but tonight is a brew my wife asked for. I call it "Vanity Glass Pale Ale"
Is anyone else going to brew tonight? ;)

I wish! I did hit the LHBS today and got some hops for my pliney clone and yeast for my next oktoberfest!

Sunday: Doing my "Sun Streak Blonde". Just got my aeration kit, looking forward to trying it out! Sun Streak will be a single-hop brew - the organic Crystal I got last fall - and the grain bill is exactly two malts, a pale ale malt produced here in Colorado and some Vienna.

Northern English brown in the mash tun as I type.

Also, transferred a Belgian Blonde to the keg to free up the fermenter. I have storage boxes for my fermenters, but they never seem to be empty long enough for storage.

Dumped a batch of isenglass in my Classic American Pilsner. It had chill haze. I can now see through the fermenter. And have the Big Lubelski (Koelsch version) in cold-shock to precipitate out the yeast. Tomorrow's brew day.

Yesterday assisted a friend with his first brew day

Also started the day by dumpster diving a nearby Japanese restaurant for a dozen Sapporo bombers. (Is that too far?)

Moved my Kolsch out of cold closet (2 weeks @ 54F) to warmer temp before bottling (Sat, I hope)

Back