Thick Smoothie like NEIPA

Here are my latest updates. I had a go of changing the water chemistry will these numbers work?

I also changed the hop amounts to have more and added the suggestions to the grains bill.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1018502/juicy-juicy

Anyone who would like to take a look and add feedback would be most appreciated. I’m most in need of direction with the water changes and adding of lactose to the grain bill.

I will be pleased to look this over, will be a little later today though.

Question
Are you using RO water?

I will be pleased to look this over, will be a little later today though.

Question
Are you using RO water?

Just using regular tap water. Here is the profile for my tap water. I’ve never changed the water before a brew. Thanks for looking over it.

Attachments

• 44458B53-5B59-464E-9A49-96D2FAF9123E.jpeg
    44458B53-5B59-464E-9A49-96D2FAF9123E.jpeg
    125.5 KB · Views: 76
Sorry for the wait:(

I would reduce the lactose to 3% to 4%, but that is just me. It lends some sweetness to the beverage. You can add more next time, but you can't take it out.

Re the dry hop additions. To get the biggest bang for your buck, I would split these into two separate additions. Either 25 grams of each, once at high krausen, and 25 grams of each a day or two later, when fermentation is slowing but still active. Or if it is easier, add 50 grams of two of the hops for addition one, 50 grams of each of the other two hops for the second additon.

Regrading the water additions.
If you have your water profile loaded, and your additions get you close to the targets, you should be good.
I don't use the water calculator link function here, but when you are in edit mode you can see the target, and actual (estimated) profile based on the gypsum etc. in your recipe. I have my source set up as RO, as that is what I use to brew. If you create a water profile with your tap water stats, the recipe editor will adjust your Actual/Estimated Shown here as Overall.

Why it won't show your actual when not in edit mode, and when you print your recipe is beyond me, and others here on BF.
I have brought this up in feature requests, which got support from other members, but to no avail.
Tagging @Pricelessbrewing and @Yooper hoping they may give this some traction...

Good Luck with it!
Stop thinking, and start brewing!!!
Cheers

In Edit Mode.JPG

Why it won't show your actual when not in edit mode, and when you print your recipe is beyond me, and others here on BF.
I have brought this up in feature requests, which got support from other members, but to no avail.
Tagging @Pricelessbrewing and @Yooper hoping they may give this some traction...

+1

Yooper and I have been talking with the owners the past week or so and are hoping to roll out some improvements to the water calculator as soon as possible.

The current roadmap is something like ~2-3 weeks of bug fixes and small improvements, ~2-3 weeks of a large overhaul of the mash guidelines, volumes, temps, and equipment settings, then Yooper and I are hoping to get the water calculator on the agenda next.

We recognize there's a lot of room for improvements and we have quite a few open tickets for requests and changes to the water calculator, and I hope we can put those all together and overhaul how it works to make things easier to use, integrated intorinto the recipe builder, and resolve most/all of the user requests.

Sorry for the wait:(

I would reduce the lactose to 3% to 4%, but that is just me. It lends some sweetness to the beverage. You can add more next time, but you can't take it out.

Re the dry hop additions. To get the biggest bang for your buck, I would split these into two separate additions. Either 25 grams of each, once at high krausen, and 25 grams of each a day or two later, when fermentation is slowing but still active. Or if it is easier, add 50 grams of two of the hops for addition one, 50 grams of each of the other two hops for the second additon.

Regrading the water additions.
If you have your water profile loaded, and your additions get you close to the targets, you should be good.
I don't use the water calculator link function here, but when you are in edit mode you can see the target, and actual (estimated) profile based on the gypsum etc. in your recipe. I have my source set up as RO, as that is what I use to brew. If you create a water profile with your tap water stats, the recipe editor will adjust your Actual/Estimated Shown here as Overall.

Good Luck with it!
Stop thinking, and start brewing!!!
Cheers

View attachment 10784
Awesome! Thanks for all the feedback and taking the time to look it over!

Awesome! Thanks for all the feedback and taking the time to look it over!
Glad to help!
This forum has been an amazing resource for me, there are a lot of good people here that have helped me in my brewing education.
I started brewing about 2.5 years ago, and I am amazed at how much I have learned in such a short time!
The three levels of competence

1) You don't know enough to know what you need to know (or learn)
2) You know enough to know that you don't know enough
3) Competence

In some ways, I am competent, but there are many aspects of brewing that I am in stage 2

Let us know how this batch comes out, at the very least it will be a good starting point.
Cheers

Yooper and I have been talking with the owners the past week or so and are hoping to roll out some improvements to the water calculator as soon as possible.

The current roadmap is something like ~2-3 weeks of bug fixes and small improvements, ~2-3 weeks of a large overhaul of the mash guidelines, volumes, temps, and equipment settings, then Yooper and I are hoping to get the water calculator on the agenda next.
We recognize there's a lot of room for improvements and we have quite a few open tickets for requests and changes to the water calculator, and I hope we can put those all together and overhaul how it works to make things easier to use, integrated intorinto the recipe builder, and resolve most/all of the user requests.

Thank you Priceless
I bumped a thread that I had posted about this a while back.

Back