TBM Rhizing Weed

should be good, just by looking at the hops it seems it will be much more bitter than the recipe states , oh just saw it was 11 gallons ... ok should be lite and slightly biscuity depending on the hops strength, might even over power the grain completely which I don't mind myself

I wanted to keep it on the low end of the IPA spectrum in order to showcase the hops and hopefully preventing it from becoming vegetal. I'm not sure but the hops may be wet and frozen which would lead to 4 times by weight additions.
I may through in some light crystal but I like my IPA's dry.
It'll make Beer :lol:
Brian

Pretty lite beer for all those hops, do you really need the sugar?

Not really, but I like my IPA's to finish dry.
The hops schedule is not really overdone for an IPA.
I met with the grower yesterday and we tweaked the recipe a bit, adding some Carapils for body.
The Hops are vacuum sealed and frozen wet within 12 hours of harvest. I haven't brewed with wet/frozen Hops and I've heard it's not a great way to store them, so we'll see.
I'll keep you posted.
Brian

aren't you suppose to dry them first or is that just for storage?

The Brew Mentor said:
I haven't brewed with wet/frozen Hops and I've heard it's not a great way to store them, so we'll see.
From my limited experience, this is correct! OMB is right, dry them or use them fresh.
Frozen while wet = think of freezing and then thawing lettuce... :?

They actually seemed fine.
Time will tell
Brian

The beer, although not quite finished, came out surprisingly smooth and fruity. Not what I've experienced with Columbus hops in the past but very good.

Back