(Resolved) CAPTCHA bites - what's the point?

Altbier bitte

Trial Member
Reaction score
I like the blog area, and I was interested in the Black Ale idea - I basically agree, with a couple of quibbles - but I couldn't get my comment in because of the CAPTCHA deal at the bottom. I can read the thing just fine, but it just won't accept my definitely correct answer and erases my comment. Are you concerned about Sky-Net hijacking the discussion? Can you dump the maddening thing?

Re: CAPTCHA bites - what's the point?

We'd be overrun by spammers in a matter of days if it wasn't for that captcha thing. Still they manage to make all kinds of lame posts with back links (but they are hidden because we have to approve comments from an unrecognized email). Every day we clean out spam related to mortgage loans, miracle drugs, and other useless dribble.

It is possible we could use the fact you are logged in to shut off the captcha.

Are other people fed up with the captcha thing? Now I'm curious...

um......have you already disabled it (at least for logged on users)?
I just posted a few comments (including this one) without having to enter any sort of captcha.

and yes....if I am logged on, I would find it extremely annoying to have to enter a captcha to post a comment.

The captcha only applies when commenting on a blog post.

In the forum, accounts are wired in (and you must have a confirmed email address to be allowed to post).

LarryBrewer said:
The captcha only applies when commenting on a blog post.
Ah, okay.
I can live with that. :D

Back