Research

MrBIP

Premium Member
Reaction score
Always looking for something new to get ideas or try things I've read about.
Picked up some Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye IPA.
Tried a Short's "Rye Not?" some time a while back and remember that I also thought that was really good.
I'm not very good at describing flavor and smell, but there's something to this combination of Rye malt and the heavy handed hops of an IPA.

Anybody brewed a good Rye IPA?

Anybody else get inspired from such "research"?

BJCP category 23 "specialty beer", but it seems eventually this and black should have their own subcategory... 14D and 14E?

(Rambling thoughts in the middle of January...)

Not brewed rye Ipa but rye imperial stout. I have tried that rye of sierra nev and can see where rye has its place in brewing anything with strong character. I used a crystal and a chocolate rye in the imperial. Mmm... a home brewed ryepa should be awesome.

I tend to research process more than recipes but research did lead to my Theobroma clone. Tasting leads to recipe modifications. And experimentation leads to new things like finishing a beer with chicory or chipotle peppers. All are valid improvements. Brew on!

I am a huge fan of rye bread and I mean I love the stuff so would be interesting in a beer, let me know how this turns out in the quest??

Back