Ontario homebrewers where do you buy cans?

Coronajax

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I just bought a cannular pro system and a filling station, just wondering what the options are for buying cans. BSG, Vessel etc? Anyone interested in a group buy, splitting a skid possibly?

I'm a kegger myself
Maybe a Craft Brewery near you would sell you some cans?

I'd agree with Craigerrr. Some craft breweries might have some old sleeved cans from discontinued SKUs etc that they might be willing to sell. I don't know the legalities around it though.

I keg as well and for the most part that serves me well, nothing like walking up to the fridge and pouring a nice cold pint. I do have some glass growlers that also serve the purpose but I find them a bit cumbersome and I'm always afraid of them breaking when I take them to gatherings etc. I just bought a Cannular semi auto canner and Duofill station at an exceptionally good price thus the need for cans. I reached out to KJ urban winery and brew supply in Guelph and they are able to supply me with one layer of a skid, all in I'm at about .60/can including a lid, a little pricey but it will let me see if this adventure is worth the cost or if I should just stick with pouring from the keg. I also contacted Vessel packaging and their price is very encouraging but the quantity is a half skid, almost 5000 cans which is extremely ambitious for a home brewer. My goal, like many others before me, is to eventually (retirement years) brew and sell so buying bits and pieces along the way does make some sense. I'm also thinking if there is any interest I could can small lots for other home brewers in the area. Loving this hobby every day! Cheers!

Back