OG and FG calculations don’t add up...

beebs

Trial Member
Reaction score
I am a new brewer and I added in my first recipe (found this app after my brew day) and added in all my ingredients. For some reason my OG is 1.003 and my FG is 1.001. I took my OG measurement prior to pitching and it was 1.050. Any ideas why?

I am a new brewer and I added in my first recipe (found this app after my brew day) and added in all my ingredients. For some reason my OG is 1.003 and my FG is 1.001. I took my OG measurement prior to pitching and it was 1.050. Any ideas why?

Can you give me a link to your recipe? It's probably something really simple and if I can see it, I can let you know what's going on.

I couldn't find any recipe with your user name, so was unable to check it. That's why I need the link- thanks!

My guess is that there may be ingredients that aren't categorised correctly, like grains not labeled as grains or mashable. But a link to recipe would definitely help!

1.050 is what I would expect it to be more than 1.003. (that would be far too low)

Back