Newbie from UK

Scottho

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Two years ago I thought i might make some cider, a few people gave me apples and I never got around to it and the apples all went rotten. Last year the same people who naturally assumed that i had been successful gave me LOTS of apples and this time a friend and I spent a couple of weekends chopping them and pressing them and bottling part of the juice as juice and part of it as cider/wine. It was all delicious. Even more apples on the way this year I am told so I have just bought another ten demijohns, bungs, airlocks and some metal shelves and I am raring to go!

I have just posted a reply to a three year old question on here because I have the exact same issue but I can't find anywhere else on the internet even mentioning something similar.

I am sure that won't be my only post! The last year has been quite the learning process and I have enjoyed every second!

Welcome!
I love a good cider ;)

Never done cider.

Welcome to the group, lots of good people here

Not a cider guy, but there are several here that will be pleased to share their knowledge and expertise!

Welcome to our little party. I like to make cider, but I do it the easy way with ready processed juice.

Ditto: Aldi apple juice with leftover yeast, leaving the cap loose to prevent explosion.

Ten additional demijohns! Wow!

Welcome, nice to have you around.

I occasionally do some of my extract kit ciders in demijohns. Just did that this very week. Sounds like you have made some serious plans and practical investment with your set up there. Welcome aboard and happy continued brewing.

Back