New fitted kitchen – who did you use? Where did you buy it? Did you haggle?

miaamelia

Reaction score
Hoping to have pp for a kitchen extension granted by the end of this month (getting rid of crappy old lean-to outhouse converted to the coldest kitchen in the UK, knocking out dog-leg on original building and having one big full width extension open kitchen/dining/living area).

Have been to the big boys.
Magnet: saw nothing there we like – not keen on all this glossy, handleless doors)

Wren (cripes, how sales-driven are they?!) – very pushy designer, not keen on how they were operating to be honest, but some of their stuff was nice.

Ikea: Nothing there we liked either.

Seeeing Howdens later this week. (Our builder has an account with them.)

Did anyone use one of these and was there haggle-room on the initial quote?

However much we’d like to be, we’re probably not in the realms of a joiner doing bespoke handbuilt stuff for us. (Although I have a mate in that game who might help out. He’s also going to let me labour for him for a few weeks to practise fitting. )

Any tips for online sellers who didn’t let you down?

We have a “design” so kinda know what cabinets/drawers we need. Can’t stop myself from effing and jeffing “how **** much?” every time I see the price of a chipboard 600 x 600 cabinet with bloody plastic legs.

Hoping to have pp for a kitchen extension granted by the end of this month (getting rid of crappy old lean-to outhouse converted to the coldest kitchen in the UK, knocking out dog-leg on original building and having one big full width extension open kitchen/dining/living area).

Magnet: saw nothing there we like – not keen on all this glossy, handleless doors)

Wren (cripes, how sales-driven are they?!) – very pushy designer, not keen on how they were operating to be honest, but some of their stuff was nice.

However much we’d like to be, we’re probably not in the realms of a joiner doing bespoke handbuilt stuff for us. (Although I have a mate in that game who might help out with fitted kitchens Glasgow. He’s also going to let me labour for him for a few weeks to practise fitting. )

We have a “design” so kinda know what cabinets/drawers we need. Can’t stop myself from effing and jeffing “how **** much?” every time I see the price of a chipboard 600 x 600 cabinet with bloody plastic legs.
appreciate all your thoughts and suggestions. thanks in advance

However much we’d like to be, we’re probably not in the realms of a joiner doing bespoke handbuilt stuff for us. (Although I have a mate in that game who might help out. He’s also going to let me labour for him for a few weeks to practise fitting. )

Sorry, I'm not in the UK so can't really help. But I do have to agree, kitchens are bloody expensive, tens of thousands easily, but you have to consider that (many of us) spend a lot of time in the kitchen, we're usually working hard there (so performance and efficiency count) and we have a big interest in it all.

Where I live, there are several smaller shops who sell and install kitchens. The big guys will send in two or three adequate workers and make sure all ends up right. The small guys have a greater interest in your satisfaction.

Sadly, all of them have too much work at the moment, so a discount is unlikely. But you must ask, regardless!

Good luck

Is there a UK version of Angie's List or Consumer's Report?

These are really odd recipe questions....but ya know...for an AI Bot to come to this little group to fine tune its logic is either an incredible endorsement and complimentary to BF's collective wisdom or completely nuts!

upload_2023-7-22_8-22-19.png
upload_2023-7-22_8-22-19.png

Speaking of pp.....

Back