May 19th updates - Auto Boil

Pricelessbrewing

BF Software Manager
Lifetime Member
Staff member
Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Brewer's Friend Users and Community!

It's been awhile since you've heard from us, but rest assured we've been working diligently in the background.

Thank you to all of our beta users that have tested and provided feedback and comments, we've released a somewhat small change with a big impact to the reliability and ease of workflow for the recipe builder. I hope it's well received, but please let us know if you have any thoughts!

Thanks @Sunfire96 @Josh Hughes @Mark Farrall @Ozarks Mountain Brew

2022-05-19
My Profile - Fixed an issue with the profile pictures uploading sideways for some images/resolutions.

Recipe Builder - Changed the calc boil button to a toggle to automatically adjust the pre and/or post boil volumes according to recipe or equipment changes.

My Brew Sessions - Added a section to the default brew steps to display any "Other Ingredients" additions targeting sparge water

Auto-Boil - Adjusted boil volumes

You can also let the system automatically adjust the pre and/or post boil volumes. This Auto Calculate toggle button will update both the pre and post boil volumes based on the current QWR calculations, using the recipes batch size, the equipment profile, and all of the ingredient additions.

As of May 15th, 2022 - The Auto calculate will dynamically adjust the pre and postboil volumes based on changes such as hop additions, accounting for the hop absorption, and sugar additions in the boil, but many more factors are accounted for.
spaces%2F-LY2qaPiuzv-wxqDpCst%2Fuploads%2FgM84sgDsamtWtSimAFOC%2Fimage.png

Automatically adjust the preboil volume -
Very useful for highly hopped IPAs, and recipes with sugar additons in the boil!
Leaving you to focus on the ingredients, and letting the recipe builder to adjust accordingly.

https://docs.brewersfriend.com/recipe-builder/recipe-setup#est.-boil-size-and-boil-time

Last edited:
Hey Brewer's Friend Users and Community!

It's been awhile since you've heard from us, but rest assured we've been working diligently in the background.

Thank you to all of our beta users that have tested and provided feedback and comments, we've released a somewhat small change with a big impact to the reliability and ease of workflow for the recipe builder. I hope it's well received, but please let us know if you have any thoughts!

Thanks @Sunfire96 @Josh Hughes @Mark Farrall @Ozarks Mountain Brew

2022-05-19
My Profile - Fixed an issue with the profile pictures uploading sideways for some images/resolutions.

Recipe Builder - Changed the calc boil button to a toggle to automatically adjust the pre and/or post boil volumes according to recipe or equipment changes.

My Brew Sessions - Added a section to the default brew steps to display any "Other Ingredients" additions targeting sparge water

Auto-Boil - Adjusted boil volumes

You can also let the system automatically adjust the pre and/or post boil volumes. This Auto Calculate toggle button will update both the pre and post boil volumes based on the current QWR calculations, using the recipes batch size, the equipment profile, and all of the ingredient additions.

As of May 15th, 2022 - The Auto calculate will dynamically adjust the pre and postboil volumes based on changes such as hop additions, accounting for the hop absorption, and sugar additions in the boil, but many more factors are accounted for.
spaces%2F-LY2qaPiuzv-wxqDpCst%2Fuploads%2FgM84sgDsamtWtSimAFOC%2Fimage.png

Automatically adjust the preboil volume -
Very useful for highly hopped IPAs, and recipes with sugar additons in the boil!
Leaving you to focus on the ingredients, and letting the recipe builder to adjust accordingly.

https://docs.brewersfriend.com/recipe-builder/recipe-setup#est.-boil-size-and-boil-time
Sounds like this Auto calculator will be handy thanks for your efforts !

Nothing worse than comming in under target...

Back