Long time lurker. Time for an intro

Walken100

Premium Member
Reaction score
My first batch was 3 vessel with a friend. Biab ever since. Fruit beers and sours are basically evil and most everything else is good. As in life there are exceptions to the rule. Currently converting my basement bar in to a steampunk brew room/bar and switching to brewer's friends for my recipes.

Look forward to chatting

Bart

My first batch was 3 vessel with a friend. Biab ever since. Fruit beers and sours are basically evil and most everything else is good. As in life there are exceptions to the rule. Currently converting my basement bar in to a steampunk brew room/bar and switching to brewer's friends for my recipes.

Look forward to chatting

Bart
Welcome to the group.

I don't know man, Berliner weisse is pretty damn good and so are Belgian sours

Nothing, just finishing a bohemian pils that was used as a dms test in my basement. Wasn't expecting anything special but it turns out that it is now one of my favorite beers. It was also my first lager. Since then I've been building out my basement brew room. It's ready for a functional trial of all of the equipment so we are planning a brew day this weekend.

I have a custom recipe on deck for this weekend that was designed from Belgian strong ale original recipe. Kind of a light version that was my wedding beer. It is also one of my favorites that we have never been able to reproduce (it was my brew buddy's design and he didn't track what he was doing...... I'm planning on brewing it every other batch till we recreate it.

Welcome! What's in the fermenter?

Welcome to the group.

I don't know man, Berliner weisse is pretty damn good and so are Belgian sours

I still try stuff and yes I'm occasionally surprised..... I will admit the a double blood orange IPA that a local brewery makes is superb.

Welcome! Your taste in beer sounds like mine. And yes, exceptions exist...

Welcome, great to have you here ;)
It's a real helpful bunch of people here, but we can waffle a bit.
But we always somehow manage to address issues and always try to help.

Keen to hear more about that Belgian strong. I love my Belgian beers.

Oh and make sure to check on the quarterly what's-it-called's, where someone posts their favourite recipe and we attempt to brew it.
I've only done one or two, but I learned a heck of a lot from it

Welcome Bart! Feel free to post photos of your brew build in progress or finished. We love drooling over other brewer's equipment :) Like Zambezi mentioned we do a quarterly community brew. It's a fun way to branch out and find new styles and techniques. Cheers!

Welcome, I hope you are settling in nicely and good luck with your plans. I do like fruit...in cider and wine. Ghost Ship (Adnams) has a citrussy element that grew on me but is probably as far as I will go on that front.

Back