Keezer Meltdown

Bulin's Milker Bucket Brews

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Just got back from working out of town last few days...

Near as I can figure the vent on the side of my keezer got blocked when a foam pad fell over it. Got home to a 92 degree keezer and an empty 20lb CO2 tank...I figure the beer inside to be pretty well cooked, the American Lager isn't a big loss, but the fresh keg of Shady Bohemian right next to it...

Cleared the obstruction and it seems to be working fine now, although I may add a vent fan to help it stay cool in the future,

Thats bad news!
I hope yiu can salvage some beer

Near as I can figure the vent on the side of my keezer got blocked when a foam pad fell over it. Got home to a 92 degree keezer and an empty 20lb CO2 tank...I figure the beer inside to be pretty well cooked, the American Lager isn't a big loss, but the fresh keg of Shady Bohemian right next to it...

Cleared the obstruction and it seems to be working fine now, although I may add a vent fan to help it stay cool in the future,
That sux Bulin!
how'd you loose co2 as well?

That sux Bulin!
how'd you loose co2 as well?
I'm guessing that when it got that hot the CO2 pressure released through a poppet in one or all 4 of the kegs. I'll have to do a leak test on everything this week before I put any beer back in. Seems to be working fine now, hope so, I built it out of a brand new freezer and it's only 3 years old.

Hard to 'like' that.

But the beer might be ok. I mean, think about a typical can of commercial beer. Those delivery trucks are not cooled, yet we do get decent beer in the summer too.

Hard to 'like' that.

But the beer might be ok. I mean, think about a typical can of commercial beer. Those delivery trucks are not cooled, yet we do get decent beer in the summer too.
Yup i used to transport beer. Dry van would be 150F

Well that sucks, sorry man…

But I agree with the 2 posts above, the beer may be just fine. At least try them before dumping. I’m sure you were going to anyway. Good luck!

Hate to hear that Tim! I hope the beer survived and the CO2 tank wasn't recently filled.

The kegs of Shady Boh(about 2 gallons left) and 3 Day Weekend(maybe a couple pints) were skunky as heck and got dumped. That damn American Lager was just fine(probably, I'm guessing, due to the lack of any yeast in the kegs, as it was preasure transfered off the top).

Well if I can add to the misery, I dropped my freezer at the town dump this afternoon. It stopped working 2 days before I was planning to brew a rice lager. I had been working on it since mid July replacing parts to no avail. Today, I kicked it out and now looking for a new one.

Well if I can add to the misery, I dropped my freezer at the town dump this afternoon. It stopped working 2 days before I was planning to brew a rice lager. I had been working on it since mid July replacing parts to no avail. Today, I kicked it out and now looking for a new one.
Hard to like that Clint. But 7 cu ft freezers are in the $300 range at costco, sams and even target.

Back