High gravity breweing for a Czech(-ish American) Light Beer?

Bulin's Milker Bucket Brews

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Permission error on the recipe

Efficiency was off today, not a big deal, just added less water. Also pitched in an ounce of Saaz @ 2:30.
Oh man can't go wrong with Sazz in a Lager that hop is Fing Amazing!

If i were only allowed one hop i think for lagers anyhow it would have to be Sazz!

Atleast you had a backup plan I'll have to try this I was gown on gravity on Friday night and added 400g of cane sugar to bump up my boil gravity on a double batch.

I'm not as dialed in on bigger batches...

Oh man can't go wrong with Sazz in a Lager that hop is Fing Amazing!

If i were only allowed one hop i think for lagers anyhow it would have to be Sazz!

Atleast you had a backup plan I'll have to try this I was gown on gravity on Friday night and added 400g of cane sugar to bump up my boil gravity on a double batch.

I'm not as dialed in on bigger batches...
I think the problem was the mash was too thick, had my water too hot so I just doughed in and adjusted to 152. I usually do a realatively thin mash(1.5qt/lb) then double batch sparge(add half and drain after about 5 minutes, then repeat). I'm thinking the much thicker(roughly 1:1) mash resulted in less fermentable wort, probably would have helped my cause if I'd let the sparge water rest in the mash a little longer.

Back