Help me choose a batch

To make things to create even more jealousy, there is another homebrew store in Sanford about 45 minutes away. They have a bar. The third is in Tampa about 90 minutes away. They have a bar with 40 taps that include a combination of beer, wine, and Kombucha.

To make things to create even more jealousy, there is another homebrew store in Sanford about 45 minutes away. They have a bar. The third is in Tampa about 90 minutes away. They have a bar with 40 taps that include a combination of beer, wine, and Kombucha.
The one I order from, and two others are actually within 90 minutes, so I reckon it could be an option. Just don't like driving quite enough to make it work.

The one I order from, and two others are actually within 90 minutes, so I reckon it could be an option. Just don't like driving quite enough to make it work.

But...it's for the beer! :p

Just kidding. A three hour round trip would be a bit much for me as well. Definitely spoiled by a round trip to my LHBS being about 25 minutes.

If it is something you really want to brew and that is your only option to get a good yeast, I would do it. Make a road trip out of it. I drove all the way to Vero Beach on the Sunday before Memorial Day so I could look at the water for an hour, take my wife to a plant store, have lunch at Captain Hirams, and visit a brewery I like in Sebastian for a flight plus a pint. Vero is pushing 110 or 120 miles, and the drive from
Sebastian home is about 100 miles.

Last edited:

Back