Hello!

Brewer #403796

Trial Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself, I've been homebrewing for about a year and hopefully going to be getting into kegging soon! I started homebrewing intending on making my own hard seltzer, which I continue to try to perfect, but so far I've brewed a brown ale, a stout, a hefe, and just bottled my first lager attempt! Looking forward to interacting with everyone!

Welcome! Many of us have been through the kegging stage, so if we might be able to help, let us know! Nice assortment of styles, too.

Welcome to the forums, lots of great people here willing to help

Just wanted to introduce myself, I've been homebrewing for about a year and hopefully going to be getting into kegging soon! I started homebrewing intending on making my own hard seltzer, which I continue to try to perfect, but so far I've brewed a brown ale, a stout, a hefe, and just bottled my first lager attempt! Looking forward to interacting with everyone!
Awesome stuff welcome to the obsession.:)

Welcome, that is an impressive range of beer styles for your first year! There are different options available with kegging such as size and quality of the vessels. I have some varied experience but nothing advanced. I am sure you will find some help here in choosing where to start appropriate to your storage space and budget etc.

Nice line up there! If getting into kegging I recommend building your own keezer - super simple and much more cost effective!

I was given a corny keg. That put me over the edge to buy the rest of the stuff. I remember being paranoid about not putting everything together correctly and having leaks.
There are a number of YouTube videos to watch if you are kegging for the first time. The big thing is to make sure you have the small, plastic piece placed in the regulator the correct way. From there, you can tighten things one at a time. Having the same paranoia, I started carbonating using a hybrid burst method. It seems to work. It is a hell of a lot easier than bottling, and about a week quicker.
My kit only had the picnic tap, and I may be trying some other lines to keep the thing from being a foam bomb in the near future. My beer has been great, but I almost have to serve in something close to a side pull glass.
The only other issue I have is the height of my keg barely fits in the refrigerator. It is a pain in the ass to get that thing in the refrigerator when it is full and heavy.
I debated trying a lager schedule with bottles, but I'm glad I got the keg and didn't have to make that decision. I was very concerned about getting then to carbonate if I went the cold crash first route.

Back