Hello from Newfoundland!! Long may your big jib draw!!

Brewer #418839

Trial Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow brewing enthusiasts! I'm fairly new to the whole brewing process. I've tried several different brews, all extract at the moment. Eventually would like to get into partial mash, then full on mash. Joined this group to seek out recipes, find answers to my questions and to post my own. Thanks for having me here and I hope to become a better brewer over time!!

Welcome!
You came to the right place ;)
We got everything here from small to big scale brewers, extract, biab, all grain, bottlers, keggers etc and all of them very helpful....

I welcomes ya B'y, folks here on Brewers Friend are best kind, you will get some deadly advice here;)

Heyya...welcome! Jump on in to all grain...you won't have to re-learn anything! Are you going to brew something with an iceberg in it?

Welcome from a long time extract brewer

I switched from all grain to partial mash a year ago, it was the only way I could get back into brewing after a year and a half due to a back injury.

I switched from all grain to partial mash a year ago, it was the only way I could get back into brewing after a year and a half due to a back injury.
A bit off topic but ya know...I never thought about how lme or dme could work to your advantage given a condition like that! Attaboy....where there's a will...there's a way!

Not alot of difference in process from extract to all grain. If you do BIAB you don't even need much in the way of extra gear. So if you are looking to try all grain don't let that stop you.

Welcome to the insanity! I have learned a thing or two from this band of misfits. I still learn something every day. Have fun. Go all grain

Welcome. The recipes can get a whole lot more varied going all grain. You are going to be somewhat limited with the extract. BIAB doesn't take much longer than extract. The expense is going to be a burner that works well enough to heat water at full volume.
I bought a really nice propane burner, but I live in Florida and can brew outside almost year round. That far north you need to go inside and electric.
If you go BIAB and have access to a variety of yeast and grains, you can make almost anything with a somewhat normal gravity.

Back