Electric All in ones

I have been wet conditioning my grain before milling, it is a very simple process.
This has made a huge difference for circulation, I highly recommend it for these all in ones.
Instead of the husks being crushed, they are left torn, but intact.
The amount of water to use is approximately 2% of the weight of your grain bill.
Use a spray bottle, weigh the water before and during until you have sprayed the correct amount.
I split my grain into two buckets, spray water and stir, repeat, repeat, repeat.
You then need to let the grain sit for about 15 to 20 minutes before milling.
This allows the grain to absorb the water, keeps you mill from getting gummed up.
Sounds very interesting. I'm guessing that this greatly reduced dust as well? I'd really like to do something about dust. I don't like to mill indoors because of it, but sometimes it's just so dang cold outside!

Sounds very interesting. I'm guessing that this greatly reduced dust as well? I'd really like to do something about dust. I don't like to mill indoors because of it, but sometimes it's just so dang cold outside!
I didn't really have a dust issue before, but I do mill in my garage. I don't actually measure the amount of water anymore, I just go by feel now. One key is to let it sit for 20 minutes or so before milling.

Back