Drinking on brew day

Do you drink while brewing?

• Total voters
We used to go to the pub for a counter meal and a beer then head back to site ....booze for lunch and a 40+ C day , very high humidity and working at heights ? Very bad combo .
I banned it from my jobs long before it was illegal

I don't really drink any more or less than I otherwise would while brewing, which means it is almost entirely up to what time of day I am brewing. (< mid-afternoon = no beer, > mid-afternoon = a beer or two...or three)
The only time I really had more than I should have was back when I was brewing late evenings and into the night. Once I hit critical "Maß" beer can do a good job of keeping me awake...but not very good at helping me prevent accidents.
Now that I have become old and have young kids to wake me much too early in the morning, I prefer to brew earlier in the day, stay relatively sober, and go to bed early. :D

Only when i brew in the evening. One after dough in another on the boil and my third on clean up. I find pacing my self like that over the corse of the brew day means I can enjoy a brew or 3 and not get to the point were Im likely to f**k up.

Back